Google

Thursday, June 23, 2005

when naptime goes wrong

I think most everyone enjoys a good nap now and then, especially college kids. People give us way too much credit because we pretty much act like we're in kindergarten. That aside, naptime can take a turn for the worst if you aren't careful.
Have you ever taken a 3-4 hour nap (long enough for you sleep off immediate consciousness of the day's events), and then woken up precisely at that time of evening where the PM sky looks very much the same as the AM sky from earlier that day? Well, I did that today (Thursday) - fell asleep after class at about 4pm, and then woke up at about 7:30pm. I thought it was Friday morning at 7:30am and started flipping out, running around in circles, because I have to leave for class at 9:30am. It hit me like a ton of bricks that there was no possible way I could finish all the work I had left in 2 hrs, and was absolutely convinced that I was going to fail summer school English Lit. I have a 3-4 page paper and a take home test due, and all I've finished so far is a 2nd revision of the rough draft for the paper. Then I noticed the clock on my computer still said Thursday, and after shaking my head a few times in utter confusion, I realized I had only been asleep for about 3 hours, and that the sun was setting, not rising. Damn it. The mind can play evil tricks on you when least expect it...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home